We strive to incorporate sustainability into our core operations through internal and external efforts.
Specifically, we adopt the following policies and practices:
1. Conserve energy, water, and natural resources.
2. Commit to purchasing environmentally preferable products.
3. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
4. Promote environmental education, outreach, and awareness to our staff and the greater
By Committing to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
● Reduce our waste stream by increasing our recycling and/or composting capabilities to 85% diversion from the landfill.
● Strive to increase waste diversion by recycling all paper, cardboard, wood, metals, bottles, plastics, packaging, and cans.
● Compost any food and/or green waste accepted in our area.
● Discourage the use of disposable products by using washable/reusable items.
● Reduce the waste generated by donating reusable office items (appliances, electronic equipment, and furniture) to charitable organizations.
● Reuse envelopes and packaging.
● Promote the use of natural lighting and solar energy, where feasible.
● Institute a policy to turn off lighting and appliances in unoccupied rooms.
● Conserve water with the installation of ultra-low flow and/or dual flush toilets, plant native drought-tolerant plants and use water-conserving irrigation systems.
By Committing to Toxics Reduction
We will reduce the use of toxic materials to protect employee health and the environment. Specifically, we will:
● Purchase low to non-toxic janitorial cleaning products (only those approved for use by the Nevada Green Business Program). Certified by Green Seal, UL Ecologo, EPA Safer Choice, or a GoodGuide.com score of 8+.
● Switch to recycled content products, materials, and supplies when available.
● Purchase Low VOC paints, markers, and non-toxic air fresheners.
● Recycle universal wastes (electronics, batteries, fluorescent light tubes, used motor oil) and prohibit purchasing materials that may lead to hazardous waste generation.
● Purchase rechargeable batteries and appliances only.
● Promote stormwater pollution prevention and source control.
By Committing to Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
We will purchase/use the following:
● Remanufactured and refillable toner cartridges.
● Office toilet paper with 100% recycled content (50% minimum).
● Products with the least packaging (no plastic, polystyrene, or aerosol packaging).
● Recycled content-containing office furniture and supplies.
● Refillable bottles incentive, and canvas bags.
● LED lighting and Energy Star appliances and electronics.
● Water-efficient toilets, showerheads, and faucet aerators.
By Committing to Conserve Fossil Fuels
We will conserve fossil fuels by –
● Encouraging the use of public transit.
● Promoting biking, walking to work, and carpooling.
● Offering telecommuting options.
● We will strive to build and remodel using LEED green building standards.
By Committing to Employee Education
We will educate employees on resource conservation and pollution prevention through –
● Hosting only zero-waste events i.e. ensuring that little to no waste is generated during work parties, picnics, meetings. Ask caterers to use reusable everything, buy reusable trays, etc.
● Training programs or brown bag sessions to educate employees on proper recycling and composting practices, resource conservation ideas, the importance of low-toxic purchasing, etc.
● Providing incentives for environmentally preferable practices such as recycling champion, transit hero, etc.
● Informing staff of environmental issues in company emails, training materials, staff meetings.
By Committing to Environmental Stewardship
Through the course of our work, we will endeavor to promote these policies to other companies, organizations, and individuals.